We just released BlogEngine.NET version 188.8.131.52. This is minor update as you can guess from version number, here is what changed.
New improved standard theme
Front-end development changing fast and we trying to keep up with best practices. We not trying to update standard theme often to make it look cooler, it is to provide better template for those who use customized standard theme for their blogs, which is pretty common.
Some annoying bugs from Github issues list got crashed
- Disabled buttons in admin UI still respond to click event (#69)
- Some navigation links in sub-blog admin do not include sub-blog as part of URL (#98)
- Pager and category widget links in sub-blog do not include sub-blog as part of URL (#97, #99)
- Text widget breaks when adding apostrophe to the content (#81)
- RSS published date throws error on local zone conversion (#73)
- In the tag page, page title loses one character (#89)
- Page menu and widget to sort on sort order column
- Newsletter widget to prevent sending emails on post update
Few other small things like typos etc.
Bugs no more?
Sorry, there still some known bugs on the list. They not critical, usually have work around and to fix them significant amount of work and/or redesign would require. On hold for now. It is still good idea though to submit your bug, if it is quick fix chances are it'll make it for the next round of sanitation.
So should I upgrade?
If you have no issues and running relatively recent release (3.3.X.X) you might decide to skip, its up to you. You should have all the latest security patches and there is no new features in this release.
And speaking about security, please check your blog as explained in this post. We still see some nice blogs in the spammers list which is a shame.
Direct link to source and binaries?
Thank you and happy blogging!