The newest release of BlogEngine.NET is out and available for download here.
We usually go with RC (release candidate) to test new code in the wild before final version. But this release has more significant changes to underlying code base than usual and we want to test it out earlier and have time to make adjustments if needed. So if you run critical website don't rush with update just yet. What we looking for is a feedback on any issues/problems you get into running this version, so we can fix it. You know, it always works fantastic on developers machine :)
- Completely redesigned admin UI based on Bootstrap framework. Farzin put a lot of work into it, warm comments are welcome ;)
- New standard theme, also Bootstrap based, with clean and beautiful design that is easy to extend and modify
- Improvements to theme layouts (separate single post and page templates, navigation template etc)
- New light-weight admin editor
- Admin UI uses AngularJS and SPA (single page application) techniques to talk to back-end
- Added some order to the chaos with ASP.NET Web API and Repository Pattern
- .NET framework 4.5
- Visual Studio 2012/2013 to work with code (express is fine)
- IIS 7 and up, integrated mode
- Full trust for website in IIS (we will bring it down to medium for final release)
- Support for Razor (web pages). MVC not required, but installing it is a simplest way to have Razor configured with IIS
This is beta, we wanted early release so few things are not completed and some not tested thoroughly (optimization, sub-blog functionality, full trust requirement etc). We still working on it. Please bring your questions and findings to our support forum on Codeplex.