Almost three months have passed since the first release of BlogEngine.NET 1.0 and five months since the first public alpha. The interest has been overwhelming and the feedback immense. Because of this, we wanted to get the next version out the door as fast as possible with all the bug fixes and many feature requests from the community.
Download BlogEngine.NET 1.1
A lot of new features have been added. Here is a short list of the most important ones:
- Internationalization – 17 languages is supported (more coming soon)
- Post rating/voting system
- Microformats (xFolk, XFN, Rel-Tag)
- OPML support
- Contact form
- Many new cool themes (more coming soon)
- Recent comments widget
- Page list widget
Beside the new features, BlogEngine.NET 1.1 ships with many improvements to all parts of the application - widgets, Windows Live Writer extensions, SQL provider, spam protection, performance and stability and much, much more.
BlogEngine.NET now supports different languages, 17 to be exact. Here is the list of the supported languages.
- Arabic (ar) Korayem
- Chinese (zh-cn) by MK2
- Czech (cs) by George Manas
- Danish (da) by Mads Kristensen
- Dutch (nl) by Gill Cleeren
- English (en) by Mads Kristensen
- Flemish (nl-be) by oVan
- Frensh (fr) by Damien Thouvenin
- German (de) by Roman Staub
- Italian (it) by Federico Coletto
- Norwegian (no) by Hege Grønsberg
- Polish (pl) by Michal Talaga
- Portuguese (pt) by Davis Sousa
- Spanish (es-mx) by Mariano Conti
- Swedish (sv) by Mattias Lindahl
- Thai (th) by Natthawut Kulnirundorn
- Turkish (tr) by Muhammed Tahiroglu
In a few weeks we plan to release a language pack with as many languages possible. More on that soon.
The BlogEngine.NET community has really grown and the discussion board is buzzing every day. I’ve never seen such an active community before – a community that helps each other, release patches and features, create themes and doing the translations.
All the bugs you’ve found, the features you’ve requested and the patches you’ve uploaded are the main reason why we are able to release so soon. You’ve done a tremendous amount of work and we are very grateful. Thank you very much for making BlogEngine.NET a better blog engine.