BlogEngine.NET 2.0 Features & Notes
The following new features and changes are in version 2.0.
- Upgraded to .NET 3.5
- New Control Panel - complete makeover
- Recaptcha, captcha to reduce spam for Comments and Contact Form
- SimpleCaptcha, captcha to reduce spam
- TypePadFilter, anti-spam comment filter
- Disqus, optionally replace the normal comment system with Disqus
- SQL CE 4.0 support - standalone DB storage in the App_Data directory
- Recycle bin for Posts, Pages and Comments
- New Dashboard in control panel
- Posts list and Pages list - grid of all Posts and Pages in one easy to see area
- Added jQuery, automatically included and available in pages
- Security improvements - related to external content the blog may download
- New Media Elements JS library extension for HTML5 video support
- Themeable Widget Containers & Newsletter widget Notification Emails
- New Syntax Highlighter extension - most popular syntax highlighting library
- Roles & Rights system - create Roles and assign Rights to each role
- Private blog feature - require users to be logged in to access the blog
- Option to allow self-registration for visitors
- Support for Unicode characters in the URL for Posts and Pages.
- Improved JS/CSS minification speed and size
- Latest version of tinyMCE WYSIWYG editor
If you're upgrading from BlogEngine.NET version 1.6 or earlier, please take a minute to read these upgrade instructions.